Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First 5K!

This past Saturday evening I ran my very first 5K! When the doctor gave me the ok to exercise 6 weeks after I had Cole, I started running. I want to eventually run a marathon...I am shooting for the Little Rock Marathon in March 09! I really enjoy running and plan to make it a lifestyle and one day when Cole gets big enough he can do 5K's with me. I seriously need to invest in a jogging stroller though. The only time I can go is at 5am (before Gray leaves for work) or after he gets home at night, unless I have a babysitter for a little while.

I ran in the Big Dam Bridge Twilight 5K in Little Rock. It was pretty hard! The majority of the run was UPHILL! It took me a lot longer than it normally does, but I sure can't wait to do another one! Gray, Cole, and Kayla came to support me. Cole was wearing his "I LOVE MOMMY" shirt to show his support. :) Here are some pictures, but they are not that great. Oh, and it was 90 DEGREES!!!! That's why my face is so nasty and sweaty in the after picture!
All the runners waiting to start!I was not aware that Gray was at the finish line about to take my picture. I would have smiled!
Just moments after I finished the race...can you tell it was hot? Even Gray was sweating. And look at Cole trying to look at me...how funny! MAN, I look rough! haha!

No comments: